YOU ARE WELCOME TO G5 MEDIA Concept A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GET ALL YOUR FIRST HAND INFORMATION: By Alabi Adebayo Emmanuel
God is Always in Control!
(John 11:45NIV) Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary and had seen what Jesus did, put their faith in Him.
We have walked through the entire Lazarus account. It started off with
Jesus receiving word that Lazarus was sick. He said, “This sickness will not end in death, No it is for God’s glory that God’s Son may be
glorified through it” when He found out. Yesterday we saw that Lazarus
was raised from the dead after four days and then loosed of his grave
clothes. This morning’s text bring closure to the whole matter. Many of
the Jews who had been there mourning with Mary and Martha were present
when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. This tremendous miracle served
as evidence to them that Jesus was the Messiah and they put their faith
in Him. Jesus’ statement that this sickness was for God’s glory was made manifest. God did get the glory and the Good Shepherd received new
sheep because of it. But we also have to remember that for these people
to come to God and for God to get the glory, there was a family in the
middle of the story that had to go through a tremendously painful
ordeal. Lazarus had to experience sickness and eventual death for four
days. Mary and Martha had to experience the loss of the their brother
and the hurt in knowing that Jesus had received word, but that He had
not yet arrived. God permitted this tragedy to enter the arena of this
family’s life and remember that these were people that He loved.
So what does this mean to you today? A few things:
1. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, for the glory of God.
2. When God brings you through a storm, share your testimony, so that God would get the glory.
3. Learn from other people’s experiences so that God would not have to send you through all the experiences yourself.
4. It’s never too late for God and it is not over until He says it’s over.
5. God is always in Control!
6. Delay does not mean denial!
7. Whatever God permits to enter the arena of your life, He has purpose wrapped up in!
In Jesus’ name.